Thursday, December 17, 2009

Invader Zim


Invader Zim is one of my favorite Cartoons of all time. It's hilarious and at the same time disturbing. It was on Nickelodeon when I was younger and a couple years ago, I bought all three seasons of it on DVD.
If you don't know anything about Invader Zim, it's about an alien invader named Zim who, on his planet, is considered a bumbling idiot, so they send him on a "secret mission" to earth just to get rid of him. While on earth, he's constantly trying to take over and constantly being thwarted by Dib, a kid who is obsessed with the paranormal to the point no one believes anything he says.
I love the art style of the show. It's like a combination of cute a terrifying. I think the reason it ended up being canceled was because of how sick and twisted some of the gags in the show were. Things like children eating a pile of cockroaches or a restaurant called Bloaty's Pizza Hog, similar to Chuck E. Cheese. I could not stop laughing at that part.

Zim also has a cute, incredibly stupid robot named Gir who everyone loves because of his ridiculously high pitched voice and his incredible stupidity. It's a great show and I wish there were more episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment