Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Lord of the Rings


There's so so so much I could say about Lord of the Rings, the books and the movies. I read the books for the first time when I was in middle school after reading The Hobbit for like the 4th time. It was just before the movies were released and I was really excited to see them.

I LOVE how Tolkien built off the world he created in The Hobbit and built this HUGE fantasy world. I love the themes in the story like the battle of good versus evil, fighting temptation, and the fact that the smallest of us all can do some of the greatest things.

I also LOVE how Peter Jackson interpreted the books and made them into movies, if you can even call them movies. I like to think of it as one cinematic experience that lasts 12 hours. The brilliant use of computer graphics combined with miniatures and traditional sets along with greenscreen and motion capture. Its just incredible. I'm going to write a few more posts about Lord of the Rings. Ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment